Monday, December 17, 2007

No one can

A: After all that we have shared, how could you do this to me?

B: Well, what did you expect? I only wanted to help you.

A: Help me? You nearly caused my death!

B: How would I know that telling everyone your secret would nearly kill you? I just wanted you to be helped!

A: I don’t need your help!

B: Are you sure? I’m pretty sure when you came crying to me you were all, “Oh B, help me, help me!.”

A: That… that was different then! I needed a listening ear, someone to hear me out. Not someone to act out on what I said!

B: Trust me, I had the best of intentions for you. I wanted to make sure that problem of yours was solved.

A: It’s not a problem! I just wanted you to hear about it and maybe give me a bit of advice, talk to me about and at the end we’d have a good laugh. Not storm out of your room and went God knows where!

B: I went to Reverend Goodwill. He of all people would know what to do.

A: Sure, go to the reverend who’s a bloody fanatic of all things good and pure. But to people who he thinks is ‘unclean’ and of not good heart, oh boy are they going to suffer.

B: What reverend did was of good intention. He wanted everyone to help you, to share in your suffering and alleviate you from your sin. I’m sure he did not mean for everyone to be disgusted by your… your problem.

A: Well he thought wrong. If I did not run out of town the very second I saw the first light of a torch over the hill next to my house, I’d be breathing dust and eating maggots right now.

B: Then at least be glad you’re alive! Do not blame me for what I did to try and help you. Please understand I did it from the bottom of my heart to help you.

A: You can’t help me. No one can.

No comments: